Study & Support GroupsConnect - Learn - Grow
Groups are listed below and are open to all. Let us know which you’d like to be involved in!
More groups can be added based on topics meaningful to you, and we can schedule groups on lunch hours or in the evening after work is done/kids are in bed/families fed… whatever works best for those interested. Groups can start with as few as TWO participants and grow from there!
Open to church, CDC, guests, friends, neighbors and strangers. All are welcome to connect, learn and grow!
If you don’t see something that you’re looking for let us know and we’ll find something in your area of interest. And if you’re new to virtual meetings, don’t worry, it’s not complicated, and we can walk you through the process. You’ll be a pro in no time.
Reach out to Trinity’s Church Office at TLC@TrinityDowntown.com or 407-488-1919 for more information or for help in starting or joining a group.
Currently Scheduled Groups
- Book needed, daily readings, begins August 15
- You may also follow along in your regular/favorite Bible – your choice!
- MONDAYS at 7pm with James and Laura Marano via Zoom. Contact TLC@TrinityDowntown.com for more details
- More info about ordering, audio book access and supplemental materials can be found HERE
- Immerse: Messiah is the first of six volumes in Immerse: The Bible Reading Experience. Messiah takes the reader on a unique journey through every book of the New Testament. Each section of Messiah begins with one of the Gospels, and together they combine to provide a life-changing reading experience centered on Jesus.
This fresh arrangement of the books highlights the depth of the New Testament’s fourfold witness to Jesus the Messiah. The Son of God, who fulfills all the longings and promises of the collected Scriptures, can be experienced in Messiah through the rich variety of lenses provided by the books of the new covenant.
Tuesday Morning Women’s Group: “Women of the Word” (WOW)
- 3:16: The Numbers of Hope by Max Lucado
- Book needed-order here, Weekly reading assignment, jump in anytime
- Starting September 6
- Tuesdays at 9am, Loggia 3, in-person
- Contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
Starting September 6, WOW ladies will begin reading “3:16: The Numbers of Hope” by Max Lucado. You are invited to join for this new study series.
Sometimes life appears to fall to pieces and can seem irreparable. We’ve all had our fair share of disappointments, loss, or hardships. But for every challenge there is a breathtaking promise: It’s going to be okay. How can we know? Because God so loved the world.
In 3:16, Max encourages us to study closely the “Hope Diamond of the Bible”: John 3:16.
Max says of his favorite verse, “Every time I recall these words, they are fresh and as stunning as my first encounter with them. The mind-bending awareness of God’s limitless love, his incalculable sacrifice, and the priceless teaching at the core. How can we not review it again and again? I want this generation, and all who come after, to look closely at the key promise of God and choose the gift beyond all gifts.”
If you know nothing of the Bible, start here. John 3:16 invites you to know God’s love deeply and intimately. And once you accept God’s love, your life will never be the same.
If you know everything in the Bible, return here. Let John 3:16 become the banner of your life, so much so that the message of God’s unending and unbending love overflows from you to others.
For more information contact Terry at email@example.com
- Questions? Contact Trinity’s Church Office at TLC@TrinityDowntown.com or 407-488-1919
- Tuesdays at 1pm, Loggia 3 Classroom, in-person, workbook needed
- Each weekly session is a stand-alone session – so you can join at any time and at any pace!
GriefShare is for people grieving the death of a family member or friend. You’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. This can be a confusing time when you feel isolated and have many questions about things you’ve never faced before. Grief Share support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and have been trained to facilitate this support group. Please share with others who may need to hear about this. These groups are open to all. To learn more visit https://www.griefshare.org/ . Questions? Contact Trinity’s Church Office at 407-488-1919 or TLC@TrinityDowntown.com
- Video seminar with experts Each week your GriefShare group will watch a video seminar featuring top experts on grief and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies, dramatic reenactments, and on-location video.
- Support group discussion with focus After viewing the video, you and the other group members will spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in your lives.
- Personal study and reflection During the week you will have the opportunity to use your workbook for further personal study of the grieving process and to help sort out your emotions through journaling. Your group will spend time discussing questions and comments from the workbook study.
Pastor Doug leads an online, evening prayer group on Wednesdays at 7pm for a weekly check-in, lesson on prayer, and time to pray with and for one another. Contact the church office at 407-488-1919 or TLC@TrinityDowntown.com for the Zoom link.
- Men’s small group for the early birds among us!
- Meets weekly at IHOP on Colonial drive
- Thursday mornings at 6:30am
- Contact Omar at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Thursday Evening Women’s Bible Study
I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
- Resumes the end of September
- Thursdays at 6:30pm
- Led by Julie Lasater
- Contact Julie Lasater for location and additional details.
- Saturdays at 4pm in the Fellowship Hall
- BEGINS September 10 and runs through November 5.
- Led by Pastor Doug
- This class is an introduction to Christian teaching and the Lutheran faith with the purpose of providing the information needed to understand what Lutherans believe and decide whether Trinity is the church for you. Joining Trinity after completing this class is not required, but our hope is that you will find this to be a wonderful community where you can be involved and grow spiritually.
- Contact 407-488-1919 or TLC@TrinityDowntown.com for more information or to register.
Saturday Evening Bible Study
Saturdays at 4:30pm in Loggia 3
Led by Bob Trapp
Resumes in November
Stay tuned for additional information
Sunday Morning Sunday School: I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist
- BEGINS September 18
- Sundays at 10:15am in Loggia 3
- Led by Pastor Doug
- We live in a world that is caustic to Christianity, one that causes doubts, creates confusion and defies the existence of God and denies His right to rule. So what is true? Pastor Doug will be leading a class that is open to Middle Schoolers through Adults who want to dig in and find answers. It will be based on the book, “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist,” by Frank Tureck and Norman Geisler and will cover topics such as the following but in discussion format:
- How do you define atheist? Christianity?
- What is truth? Is there absolute truth?
- Are miracles possible?
- Why do miracles occur?
- What is the greatest miracle?
- Does science agree with the Bible?
- Was there really a BIG BANG?
- Where did God come from?
- How and why did we get here?
- Is the Bible true?
- If God is good why does evil exist?
- Why do we believe in Christ’s resurrection?
Sunday Morning Sunday School: The Major Festivals
- BEGINS September 18
- Sundays at 10:15am in Loggia 2
- Led by Rocky Smothers
- More details to come!
Online/At Your Own Pace
- 1st & 2nd Corinthians
- Gospel Of John
- The End Times
- Prophets Bible Study
- Prison Letters Bible Study
- Book of Daniel
- Study of the Pastoral Epistles
- Book of Jeremiah – The Crying Prophet
- The Bible In Chronological Order
- Book of Hebrews
Your Own Bible You can use your own Bible and follow along with the reading assignments
Immerse Book Orders can be made through Tyndale (print or Kindle) https://www.tyndale.com/p/immerse-messiah/9781496424136
Immerse Text You can read the text on the Immerse website at no cost
Podcasts are available via Apple and Google podcasts, and readings can be streamed online from the website. https://www.tyndale.com/p/immerse-messiah/9781496424136
Spritual Growth & Development
We recognize how important Christian Education is to your overall Spritual Development and Wellness. Trinity Bible Sutdies are just one of many resourses. If you don’t see something here that works for you, let us know! We’ll help you find something that meets your needs and keeps you on a path of growth and development! Contact us at TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.