Trinity’s Music Ministry is off to a great start this year! The parish choir is enjoying regular rehearsals and singing during worship, we have a few new bell ringers after the Bells Workshop last winter, and now we have several new people involved in the First Floor Once In A While Choir (FFOIAWC). If you haven’t heard about the FFOIAWC — the name says it all! This choir is for everyone (men and women, teens and adults) who wants to praise God with singing but cannot make a weekly commitment and/or has trouble getting up to the balcony. This group practices once a month and sings once a month, alternating between the early and late services. We do not have a set schedule for rehearsals; so please contact Glenda Frazier at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next practice date and time.
Choir and Bells
Parish Choir rehearses on Wednesday at 7:30pm and Bells rehearse on Wednesys at 6:30pm (except during Advent and Lent). Parish Choir welcomes all basses, tenors, altos, and sopranos who love to praise God with singing- contact Paul Soost if you’d like to learn more at email@example.com. If you have a talent for bell ringing, or an interest in learning how to play, please contact Glenda Frazier for more informaiton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love hearing children express their love and faith through singing, and Julia Malenke, our children’s choir director, is making that happen! Any and all children in K-5th grade are welcome to participate in Trinity’s Children’s Choir. Mrs. Julia Malenke leads this choir which meets on Wednesdays during the school year from 5:00-5:45pm in the church music room (basement of the Sanctuary). To find out how your child can participate, please contact Mrs. Malenke at email@example.com.
We would love to have a backup accompanist for the choir – if you are a pianist with good sight-reading skills, we need you! If you have an interest in this volunteer position, please contact Glenda Frazier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we would love to have the Trinity Brass play regularly on special occasions. We need someone to serve as the coordinator for this group, to connect with musicians, set up practices as needed and assist with song slections for special services and/or events.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
October 30, Reformation Sunday
- Bells – Be in the balcony by 10:50am to check your bells and ring during the prelude (Sinfonia) and descant on 1st and 3rd verses of the opening hymn (Thy Strong Word).
- Parish Choir – Warm-up and practice at 10:30am. We sing Psalm 46 right after the Confession and Absolution, and God Is Our Refuge during the offering.
- After the service – Cantata Practice in the balcony!!
- Nov 2 and following Wednesdays – Bell and Parish Choir resume normal Wednesday practice schedule, 6:30pm for Bells and 7:30pm for Choir, both in the balcony
- Nov 6, All Saints, late service – Choir will sing The Music of Heaven
- Nov 13, early service – Choir will sing I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes
- Nov 17 – FFOIAWC practice at 7pm in the middle loggia classroom
- Nov 20, late service – FFOIAWC will sing O Lord, We Sing Your Tender Care.
- Nov 23, Thanksgiving Eve, 7pm – Choir and soloist will sing Look at the World; Bells will ring This Is My Father’s World
- Nov 30 – Change to practice schedule for Advent: 6pm for Bells and 7:50pm for Choir